Thursday, February 13, 2014

I Guess You Could Say This Is Valentiney...

Hello again friends (finally)! I am just stopping in to update you all now that I am all settled in up north here in Scotland again! I am actually lucky enough that it is about 20 to 40 degrees warmer here on the daily than if I were back in Lex!
Anyway, on to the real reason I am updating my corner of the world wide web! I have regrouped and managed to muster up some energy and confidence over the break and I am back in St. Andrews, and taking on my future in life, in full force. So far, I have managed to get a lot of small things accomplished like getting a part time job at a sweet little family run gelateria, finished cover letters and internship applications, etc. etc. etc. Along with this I have joined a bible study here in St. A's with some of the sweetest, most wise people I have met since being in this town. Such a breath of fresh air! I am beyond thankful.
In addition to figuring out how to better do life up here, I have come to terms with a lot that is going on in life in general. Last semester and over break I was beginning to get overwhelmed with the idea of my future since real life seems to be approaching much quicker than I had ever anticipated. With this being said, I have decided, upon a lot of prayer, that that is exactly why I am in this small secluded place 3,000 miles away from home, family and friends. To get a little more specific, I feel that I am here to truly form my identity and figure out who I am without the influence of so many loved ones. Of course, I already am someone very different from anyone else and have an identity, everyone does, but up here I am able to see for myself what that is rather than identifying myself by who I hang out with and the things I do, though those are important in shaping me. (Enough with that soap box!) One day, probably mid to late semester, I will devote a post directly related to this idea.
Anywho, to move things along...to continue shaping who I am I set a few goals to reach this semester to begin making me the person I want to become. I want to strongly stick out my christian lifestyle which I can tell you is no easy task when, for the first time since really understanding what my christianity meant, I am removed from the daily presence of my christian friends and community. While it is difficult, it is also rewarding now that I have figured out how to plug myself into a different community as well as hold myself accountable to daily time with God.
The second goal I have set for myself is to do an in depth study of Proverbs 31 and begin creating habits that are found in it because there is little I want more than to be a wonderful wife and mother someday. Friends, I must say this study is very interesting so far, it is extremely challenging, but it is also giving me insight that I have never heard. I sincerely wish I could talk to every wife and mother I know about this topic because I want to take it all in and truly understand what lies ahead, and how to prepare myself to be a wife that is not doubted; that works from before dawn to past dusk; that is uplifting yet honest; that raises children and houses a family in a loving, inspirational christian home, and so on. I am beginning to understand that having a spouse and a successful marriage is privilege that is God given; I really do hope to be deserving of this gift. I desire the responsibilities that come with being a wife so much, but they are something I know I will only understand, God willing, when the time comes. And I so desire it to come!

Well, I guess although this ended a bit random it is just in time for Valentines Day! (wanting to be a wife is about the same as having a boyfriend right?! .....Maybe I'll just stick to my cupcakes for now.....)Anyway, I will be sure to check in soonish with details of my upcoming spring break trip!


P.S. If you have any advice or help with Proverbs 31 I would be extremely grateful for it. Even if you know someone who has good wisdom on the topic please, please, please turn them my way! I would love to learn from them and maybe even ask a question or two!

0 comments:

Post a Comment



Passionately Obsessed


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved