Friday, March 1, 2013

Passionately Obsessed!

Now that I have a blog makeover, including the new title, I thought I would venture to give it a little explanation!
It is no small secret to the people who know me fairly well that when I am passionate about something it turns into a bit of an obsession. Its odd that I actually went with this title, though, because I don't actually like the word obsessed. I always think of it with a negative connotation and creeper status, but that is not what I mean by it. I refer to the word as in the sense that I talk about my favorite things a lot, but I don't feel as if I am on the level of creeper. If I was, I would acknowledge it!

Any how, just to give you a little more insight into my life, the two things that I am most passionate about are the United Kingdom and theatre.
First is the UK. I am not actually sure what it is that got me hooked to the place, its culture, and its people...but I am. Maybe its because its my roots, or that I feel I fit in there, or their fashion, or even the accents. I went there for the first time this past summer as many of you know, and I fell even more in love than I already was. I loved the feel good food: jacket potatoes, pasties, sticky toffee pudding, shall I go on? Then comes their fashion sense that includes everything from Barbour jackets paired with some wellies, to Burberry, Issa, Daniel Wellington, and lets not forget Alexander McQueen. Again this list also goes on and on. Then there are the royals. I just think this history of the monarchy and the fact that there is one is pretty cool! Their charity work is pretty awesome too! Other than the materials of the UK I fell in love with the landscape...green for days! Yes, you need rain for green, but I don't mind it! Also, this rain contributes to some of the most beautiful flowers and gardens. Oh, and let's not forget to mention that a girl has got to love a good accent! I could talk about the UK for days, but I wont bore you with that now; you will get to read enough when I return to London this summer and Scotland for next academic year! Oh, and speaking of their awesome fashion, my outfit for the day is a british original! (I love that I don't get weird looks dressing like this in college, whereas in high school I would never have heard the end of it!)


Moving on is my second biggest passion, theatre! I am in love with everything about the art form, all the way from musicals to film and everything in between. This love began when I was eight years old when I saw my first show on Broadway. Ever since that show in NYC I have been involved in theatre as a small hobby on the side. I had always dreamed of doing more with it when I was younger, but then reality set in and I realized a career in the arts is difficult and not too realistic. I gave up that dream, but for some reason theatre and its different forms have been creeping in and out of my life forever. The most recent example of this is that I realized I will have extra hours to fill while in college, so I decided to pick up a second minor. When considering what to do I landed on theatre as it has always been a fun hobby and my major and other minor are very practical, so I went with something I would thoroughly enjoy. Now that I have begun classes for theatre I have realized I don't think I am ever going to out run its creeping in and out of my life. I love it too much and it is far too thought provoking for me. I have realized it is my one true passion in life. A few days after this revelation I read the most appropriate quote from Steven Spielberg that says," A dream doesn't come at you screaming, it whispers; it rarely shouts, it whispers."
I think this might be the path for me. I have prayed about it a ton and I feel that it may be what God wants be to do as my way to serve others as theatre has served me (more on that later!) Now that I have realized all of this, I am working on making this dream a reality and I have even begun to explore grad school options to get a Masters in Fine Arts.
So, this is a little piece, actually more like a large chunk, of me and my life. After reading, I hope you get to see why I went with Passionately Obsessed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment



Passionately Obsessed


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved