Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Big Day!



No, no, no...its not my big day. I have no idea when that might be. I might need to get a boyfriend first! But enough with that, it has been a big day for me here in Kentucky.
First thing is first, I realized I have absolutely nothing standing between myself and spring break other than my physical presence in two classes. It would have been four on any normal week, but two professors have decided they would like to finish up early. Im not going to argue with that! So, today I began my spring break to do list: read some books for fun, catch up on Netflix, and read The Londoner to help me plan for my big news of the day...
Next, I got a phone call with a congratulations on acceptance to St. Andrews to study abroad there for my junior year! I had been in the process of mentally preparing myself for what a year abroad might be like, but then held myself back incase I wasn't accepted. So, today, upon receiving the phone call, I let it finally set in. A WHOLE YEAR IN SCOTLAND!!! WHAT?! The things that keep running through my head are insane! To actually think about what can happen in the length of a year!
Once I filled my parents in, things began to sink in even further as we started looking into flights! We began looking at flights for BOTH of my programs. I am spending three weeks in London studying theatre on a once in a life time trip this summer, returning back to the states for 21 days, then flying back across the pond to Scotland for a year. Im am in heaven.
To celebrate this big news in my life Taylor and I splurged on Mexican and DQ (yes, splurged...college).

At this point in time I am pretty sure my mind is just having a hard time wrapping itself around the idea that I will be gone for a whole year. I don't think it will actually set in until I am leaving. At this point though I am about 98% sure these experiences will change my life forever. I am not sure how yet, but I guess we will just have to wait and see. I will have a whole year of blogs to fill you in on how my life does change and thankfully I have Taylor's blog to keep track of how life is changing here in Lex!
 Finally, I am in disbelief that God has blessed me with such huge opportunities. I am not sure why He has given me such a passion for the United Kingdom or why it is that He continues to lead me there, but I will accept it and hopefully fulfill whatever His will is for me while I am there. Who knows, maybe it is just all part of a bigger plan! Anyhow, until I leave I am going to allow myself some excitement, but I am going to try to focus on living my life here and cherishing the time I have with sweet friends like Taylor who celebrated such exciting news with me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment



Passionately Obsessed


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved