Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A Weekend from Above!

I am fairly certain that God definitely sends us moments of heaven on earth. This weekend was one of those, except instead of a moment it was a whole weekend! If it was not a glimpse of heaven, then He has something so incredible up there that I am not sure I could actually handle it!
This weekend I was fortunate enough to be able to spend the weekend in South Carolina with old neighbors that I have know since what seems like day one. Our relationship with their family is a really awesome one because we have not lived in the same state for about fifteen years, but we have stayed in touch since the day they left Stillwater Drive. Each time we see them it is as if we have not missed a beat. This is the type of friendship I will forever cherish. Not only was I blessed with their presence this weekend, but I also got to spend time with my brother, Clayton, and his wife, Jen.
This was a wonderful surprise that I was made aware of earlier in the week before we left and I am so thankful for it. I truly tried to soak in every moment spent with my brother and Jen because it will probably be the last time I see them before leaving for Scotland this fall which means it won't be until next June (2014), when they come to Scotland, that I get to see them again. Like I said in my last post, leaving is starting to really sink in.
Spending time with everyone was only the beginning of what felt like heaven on earth. Along with them were numerous good laughs, boating, great food, talk of weddings, and very little time spent with cell phones. The cell phone thing was one of the best parts because if you know anything about my family then you know they are always in use. This weekend though they were tucked away in the boat to keep dry unless they were being used for pictures. We had the company of anyone we could need to talk to right there on the boat. The weekend then ended with this beautiful sunset!
Oh, and another great thing about the weekend were the stolen moments I got to spend alone on the porch watching the lake, kids playing, and another sunset. I was true to my introvert self and had the opportunity to enjoy a few minutes of peace and quiet. I enjoy this time so much because it allows me the chance to take in my surroundings and everything going on. During this time I was able to think about and pinpoint some of my favorite things that were all within my reach in South Carolina:

  1. A great porch/ outdoor area with rocking chairs are total bliss!
  2. I wish I could saunter around in my bare feet all day every day! There is something wonderful about the feeling of raw earth and fresh surfaces under my feet that is so comforting.
  3. Last, I love the feeling of heat radiating off of newly sun kissed skin onto fresh sheets as you climb into bed. It makes me feel cozy and justly exhausted!
This was my weekend in a nutshell and it seriously could not have turned out anymore perfect! I still cannot believe that we are blessed with such wonderful things!

And here is one last picture for the road! :) (Ruger and Nala are best friends now too!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment



Passionately Obsessed


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved