Friday, June 1, 2012

Thunderstorms!

This blog post is super random, but considering today's weather (cool, gloomy, and wet), I just had to write about my love of rain!
I love cool, gloomy and wet, I like the sun too, but storms are my favorite. I think I love the rain because it provides great sleeping and reading conditions, storms provide amazing sounds, and the rain is what makes things so green and also keeps flowers looking fresh!
So really this post is getting at two things: 

a) I have to potential to love London purely for the fact that its summer weather is often like the weather today in Kentucky. Im so excited I can't even describe it.

and...

b) One of the things that made the camp I went to this past weekend so great, was that on Sunday morning when I went outside to enjoy the peace and quiet at 7am, it was cool and sunny. Then a storm slowly rolled in and I got to witness the whole thing. It was beautiful! I sat in a rocking chair as the clouds slowly took over the whole sky and thunder started its hushed rolling thuds in the distance. Then came sporadic sprinkles. At this time I moved to a stone fireplace under the shelter of a log cabin. The rain picked up and the sky went from sun poking through clouds to full on heavy, grey. This was also when lightning started to flash through the darkness being carried in, and the low roar of thunder became magnified as the storm was then happening, full throttle. I eventually had to move inside because the rain was pouring down in monsoon like amounts and the wind had really picked up. It was just amazing to sit and listen to the storm and simultaneously watch it head our way all with no one screaming or running in the wetness. There were a few other people present and it seemed like they enjoyed the spectacle about as much as I did.

The sounds were somewhat like one of my favorite videos:

0 comments:

Post a Comment



Passionately Obsessed


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved