Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Life Update: I'm Home!

Alright friends, I know I have been a bit MIA for, oh, about the last month or longer. Im so sorry, but to be honest, life caught up with me! I don't have too too much to update everyone on as of yet, but here is what I can tell you...

I have officially arrived home after spending my year in St. Andrews, Scotland. I can truly say that this experience taught me more than I could have ever imagined learning about life in the entirety of my existence. I will write a post about in a time, but first I feel I need to decompress and reflect on the last nine months in depth before really trying to put them into words.
On another note, I had the privilege to finish up my time abroad with a girls week in London for Mother's day as well as another week and a half showing my whole family around London and Scotland, and then we all adventured over to Ireland! I will post a few pictures from our journey soon...but I have to get them from my brother first which will be a fete!

Finally, as I noted the last time I posted, I spent the semester investing in learning Proverbs 31 backwards and forwards to get an idea of what a modern day Proverbs 31 wife might look like, whether it is a realistic aim, and how being this woman effects my own and others lives. Friends, this was an eye opening experience and I learned loads about both myself and the realities of this goal! There is far, far too much to put all in this post of what I learned or to explain it, so in a post shortly following this one I have decided to be brave and post my final conclusive notes I took to end my semester long study. I hope you will give them a look! If you don't have time though, I completely understand and for that reason I will let you in on the biggest thing I took away from my study.
Here it goes: I came to the realization the being a spouse and mother is not something that just happens, it is a God given privilege that I, and my heart, must be ready and prepared for. There is not guarantee that I will be granted this privilege, but maybe if I work hard on being a Proverbs 31 woman the time could come. In addition, having a loving, godly spouse is a gift from the Lord and a successful marriage is a gift from the Lord as it is such a privilege to be entrusted with the duties of living side by side with another sinner, yet still honoring the Lord over self as well as each other. It is also a honor to be granted the opportunity to spread God’s love and mercy through christian examples and parenting.
The above was only my biggest take away, but it comes nowhere close to covering everything I had, and still have, to learn! On that note, I will update you on this topic shortly, but I have to run to see a friend now that I am finally home! Also, if you are reading this and want to catch up please, please, please reach out to me...I am aching to catch up on friends lives which is extremely hard now that everyone has parted ways for summer! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment



Passionately Obsessed


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved