Thursday, January 2, 2014

My New Year: Matthew 7:7

Time for another little post friends! In the spirit of the New Year this post will be my take on New Years Resolutions....but lets clarify a few things first.
I am not the biggest fan of New Years, in fact, I loathe NYE. There is just so much hype for something pretty anti climactic if you ask me. Its just another day, another year. Yeah, yeah, yeah, there is the whole fresh start thing, but I try to do life not needing a fresh start. I'm not saying that in a way to give off a vibe that I am a saint or I do everything right, but I try to do life looking at the silver lining of the bad things and the ones I screw up. Without the negative parts, I wouldn't be who I am; I don't want to erase those pages in my story. Along with this, I am also not big on New Years Resolutions because I make resolutions for myself all year long to stay in check with my health, friends, reality, and life in general.
This year, instead of being anti New Years Resolutions like normal, I decided to take a different spin on them. I revolved them around Matthew 7:7- "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." I have compiled a list of things that I feel my heart asking for. These are things that I will need to work really hard at, but they will also require me to deepen my relationship with God to be accomplished in what ever manor he feels appropriate. Here they are:

  • More/ deeper fellowship in St. Andrews
  • Accountability
  • A calm and settled heart that is better at exuding His love to others
  • More trust in the Lord to have peace over the future and joy for what is to come
  • Deeper knowledge and wisdom in the Word
  • The courage and strength to fight my worldly desires
  • To learn how to become more dependent on others and learn how deep love can be for these people, which is not even a fraction of His love for me
  • All to be well with my soul
This list will definitely be challenging, but I am prepared to fight myself and this world to hopefully gain more insight and dependence into a greater one.

Happy New Year, friends!

0 comments:

Post a Comment



Passionately Obsessed


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved