Sunday, August 25, 2013

Anxious-Nervous or Anxious-Excited?

Eight days friends! I embark on my big journey in a mere eight days and I am nowhere near prepared! I caught myself thinking "It would have been a lot easier to just stay at UK for all of my college career." I feel like the fact that I just don't know what to do about a lot of things is what is making me feel so crazy right now. There are about 15 different papers and documents that I need to print, half of which I'm not exactly sure where to find; I need to figure out my international phone deal; I also need to figure out what I need to know about opening a Scottish bank account; there is the whole I can only pack two suitcases (of winter clothes and shoes!) yet I also need linens and such or to purchase them when I get there...the list of things I did not think about until now just goes on and on and on!
Up until about four days ago I was nothing but excited, but now the nerves are really kicking in! To be honest I feel really nervous about making new friends, but even more nervous about finding my niche at St. Andrews considering it was a lot harder than expected as a Freshmen at UK; I just don't want to experience that again. I am also quite nervous about my modules (classes) as I have no idea what to expect and how difficult they will be, again I feel that I may be under prepared.
I am hoping that if I keep praying and trust that God has me going to St. Andrews for a reason, all will turn out fine and I will have a blast. Im sure I will have my good days and my bad ones, but I am just praying it won't be all of the bad situations that keep playing out in my head! If you think about it, feel free to send a prayer my way!
So, even though staying at UK may have been easier, I tend to be one that goes more for the road less travelled and I'm continuing that tradition. Hopefully I will have a few minutes to update everyone again before I head out! I will definitely post within my first few days at St. Andrews though! I will move into my hall there on September 9th.

P.S. I am hoping to keep in touch with people via email and part of the emails can be prayer requests. If you would like to keep in touch and get updates, but also send me your prayer requests and I'll send you mine feel free to contact me via cestone93@gmail.com. If I don't personally know you, the invite is still open as I always love to have new friends!

1 comments:

eray said...

i am so excited for you! your nerves will wear off and you're going to have a BLAST! can't wait to hear about it :)

msemilybee.blogspot.com

Post a Comment



Passionately Obsessed


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved